Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Woodlands-- Here we come!

Framing and preparing to go to the Woodlands Waterway Art Festival has left me with littler time for actual painting this week. I did get this piece finished- a 24 by 36 panel. I'm liking the white highlights in the sky on my most recent dusk pieces.

And, speaking of dusk, Music From Angel Fire has picked the piece they intend to use for this year's poster and program cover. It is a dusk scene (not this one) and I think it will work well. I'm really excited that we'll actually be in town for this year's event as we've missed most of the last 2 seasons because of art shows in Chicago, San Francisco and St. Louis.

Today is pack the van and myself day. After not doing a show for so long, I did a terrible job of packing for Scottsdale. Forgetting: artist statements (which I really have to update and change), the framed artist statement for the booth, mailing list sign in sheets, extra clothes, crocs--a must have for changing into for dismantling the booth. So maybe today I'll do a better job. I hope so! I'm also hoping that I get some painting done, as my show schedule is getting quite full! And I better order those art supplies or they won't get here before we leave again! Oh, yeah, Happy April Fools Day! March sure did disappear fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've got a comment or a question, let me know, I'd love to hear from you.