Monday, April 13, 2009

Rural

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Ours was uneventful except that it SNOWED THE ENTIRE TIME! Here is a picture of a piece I finished today. I took the picture on the easel board I work on and as you can maybe see, I do go out of the lines a lot. All the non-tan markings are oil pastels that have gone over the edge! I actually think the board is kind of cool--my only attempt at abstract work at all. Every once in a while I scrape it down with a drywall mudding knife to keep it smooth.
This shot is one of a favorite red barn I have been painting lately. I sort of liked the perspective from behind the oil pastels--you can only see the oil pastels that are in color order--the rest--in a bit of jumble--are invisible on the shelf below. Hah!

1 comment:

If you've got a comment or a question, let me know, I'd love to hear from you.