Monday, February 1, 2010

Better Off Red


I can't remember when I started doing red skies. But, I think they work well. I actually use about 4 different colors when I do them, cadmium red light, cadmium red deep, violet blue and then some yellow at the horizon line. I apply all the color and then smoosh (my term) the colors together to blend with a blue shop cloth that I've wadded up. It usually requires a trip to the sink to get excess color off my hands--even before I work out the rest of the painting. This one is of Ojo Feliz, is on burgundy paper, 7 by 23 inches. when I frame it with an 11 by 27 mat, the final size will be about 12 by 28 if I use a blond wood frame, about 14 by 30 if I use a black leatherette frame. Haven't decided yet which works better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've got a comment or a question, let me know, I'd love to hear from you.